20 VC 057: The Investor Checklist with Nicolas Wittenborn
Did you know: The name Point Nine Capital originates from the 0.9 version of a product that is early but has great potential.
Nicolas Wittenborn is a VC at Point Nine Capital, one of the leading seed funds in Europe. Prior to Point Nine, Nicolas worked for the Team Europe Seed Fund. You can follow Nicolas’ incredible blog here, which include my favourite ever blog post, outlining the exemplar pitch deck that startups should follow!
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How Nicolas made the move from iPhone sales arbitrage to VC analyst!!
- How big does a market have to be to get VCs excited?
- Do VCs have preferences with regards to teams? Technical or not? Multiple founders or not?
- At the Seed stage what do VCs expect in the product itself?
- What are the key metrics investors look for when viewing startups for the 1st time?
- What are the different types of competition and how can founders determine whether they are a real threat?
- How can startups and mobile apps in particular, grow organically in the early stages?
Items Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Nicolas’ Fave Book: What Makes Sami Run?: Budd Schulberg
- Nicolas Fave Newsletters: Benedict Evans Newsletter, Point Nine Newsletter
- Nicolas’ Most Recent Investment: Green Blender: Superfood Smoothie Ingredients Delivered To Your Door
Similarly if you want to see Harry in a more colourful light, head over to Instagram for copious amount of mojitos!