20 VC 002: How to Become a VC with Kris Jones
In this session of The Twenty Minute VC, I’m so excited to have the opportunity to interview Kris Jones. Kris has enjoyed an amazing career in the technology industry, founding PepperJam, an internet marketing agency in 1999 and later selling it to Ebay in April of 2010. More recently, Kris has made his transition into the Venture Capital Industry through the founding of an early stage technology investment fund, KBJ Capital, which includes portfolio companies Highlighter.com, French Girls App, ReferLocal.com and many more incredible companies.
Items Mentioned In This Podcast:
In this session you’ll learn:
- Why Kris decided to make the transition from the Startup ecosystem to the world of Venture Capital.
- How did it feel for Kris, selling his company to Ebay?
- What was the most important lesson Kris learnt in the journey from having the idea for PepperJam to being acquired by Ebay?
- What is the key characteristic a Founder must have?
- What can an individual do to get employed in the Venture Capital industry
Kris is also a prolific writer here are some of his articles, you can check out!