20 VC 020: Revolutionising Investing with Luke Lang, Co-Founder of Crowdcube
Luke Lang is Co-Founder and CMO of Crowdcube, the world’s leading investment Crowdfunding platform. Crowdcube enables anyone the opportunity to invest alongside professional investors in start-up, early-stage and growth businesses. They have raised over £67m for an incredible 207 companies and have an amazing 150,000 registered investors
Items Mentioned in Today’s Show:
What you will learn in today’s episode:
- How Luke got into the technology industry and really came to be Co-Founder to the world’s 1st quit Crowdfunding platform in the world?
- Other than capital what else will Balderton bring to you to aid your growth and development?
- Does Luke believe Crowdfunding is a competing finance model to the traditional VC model?
- Having seen 207 companies experience successful Crowdfunding campaigns, Luke describes what he believes the formula to be for a successful campaign?
- For businesses thinking about Crowdfunding, what are the biggest benefits to businesses of raising seed capital through the Crowd?
- With the increasing number of Crowdfunding sites, how does Crowdcube treat the competitive threat?
- Is there an opportunity to attract more institutional style money to Crowdcube through retail bonds, which might appeal to income funds.
As the interview comes to a close we engage in a quick fire round where we hear Luke’s views on the hardest obstacle Luke has faced in building Crowdcube? Where Luke sees Crowdcube in 5 years time? 3 companies funded by Crowdcube that Luke is most excited about?