Founders Friday 004: Life As A Non-Technical Co-Founder with Will Sacks, The Fertility King @ Kindara
Will Sacks is Co-Founder and CEO at Kindara, the fertility awareness app that provides tools to understand fertility and be in control of their own body. Kindara has achieved phenomenal success having significant press in the likes of Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, New York Times and Forbes. Their first product Kindara Fertility for iPhone has been ranked #1 on the App Store Medical Charts. In this incredibly diverse conversation our talk ranges from wire framing and programming to vasectomies and uterus’, it’s a must listen!
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- Why Will started Kindara and how he got the initial product off the ground, without being able to code?
- Should Founders learn to code or learn how to be the best CEO they can be?
- How and what was the wire framing process like? What advice does Will have for other non-technical co-founders?
- How does Will feel being a male CEO for a female product?
- How has Will created this community of incredibly engaged users?
- How has Will managed to grow his audience so effectively?
- What has Will learnt from raising $1.7m in angel and VC funding?
- What is the hardest aspect of fundraising?
- What advice would will give to a startup thinking of raising funds?
- How is Will planning to transition into the world of hardware?
- What theories of The Lean Startup did not work for Will?
Items Mentioned in Today’s Show:
- Will’s Favourite Books:
- Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers by Gabriel Weinberg
- 4 Steps to the Epiphany: Successful Strategies for Products That Win by Steve Blank
- Eric Ries: The Lean Startup
- Will’s Fave Blogs
- Seth Godin: Circles of Marketing
- Brad Feld: Blog
- Paul Graham: How to raise money
- Marc Andreesen: Reasons You Won’t Get Funded
- Will’s Must Have WireFraming Tool